With our 43rd annual show & sale around the corner (Nov. 7 & 8), we thought it would be helpful to provide everyone with a few tips for shopping at the depression glass show.
- Bring cash and a checkbook, not just a credit card. While most of the dealers accept credit cards, a few do not, including the MDGS Club Booth.
- Arrive early. The first 200 people in line on Saturday and Sunday receive a commemorative Pyrex pin that was custom made by our club.
- Bring boxes. While dealers will wrap your glass well and put them in sturdy paper bags, you’ll want a large box or two in the trunk to put all of those bags in to keep them safe.
- Have your inventory list. Did you need 1 or 2 more of those sherbets? If you brought your inventory list with you – you’ll know!
- Bring your camera! Not only will you want to take pictures of our fabulous display, it sometimes can be helpful to take pictures of items you might be interested in buying so you can remember what you saw after you’ve been through 25 booths.
- Get creative! Depression glass doesn’t have to be used for its original purpose. A vase might make a great pencil holder, while a relish tray could organize your jewelry drawer. Collectors use glass in a variety of ways.
- Breathe! If this is your first glass show, you might be overwhelmed at how the room sparkles and not be sure where to start. We’ll provide you with a handy floor plan. You might want to head over to the club display area first to get some ideas of how glass could be displayed before you start your shopping.
- Have fun! Talk with our club members, dealers, and fellow shoppers. You are bound to learn something new and strike up a conversation that makes the day even more enjoyable. And make sure you take pictures of what you bought and post it to our Facebook page or Twitter using #MDGSglass. You don’t have to post EVERYTHING…we don’t want your significant other to see all you bought!